Skill Recognition and Gap Training
Get the recognition you deserve for your earlier experience and knowledge.
Gold Coast Trades College can evaluate your already obtained knowledge and work/industry experience, and based on these, you can be eligible to receive a nationally recognised qualiﬁcation With the Recognition of Prior Learning program, you don’t need to study what you already know; instead you can fast-track toward gaining an accredited qualification.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Skills Recognition is an assessment process allowing individuals to achieve all, or part, of a Nationally Recognised Qualification by demonstrating their knowledge, skills and experience in a particular trade.
Skills recognition and gap training is offered for the following courses:
- CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
The above courses are also offered as apprenticeships, for further information click here
Generally, to complete a qualification via RPL, you provide evidence of experience and assessment materials to prove you meet industry requirements, develop your skills, enhance job opportunities and earn possible university credits.
For all RPL courses that are not classified as fee for service there is no cost to the student. For further information on which courses are eligible for funding take a look at our pricing and funding page.