Energex M428 Underground Awareness
Working underground in close proximity to electrical systems?
The Energex M428 Underground Awareness course covers basic fundamentals and facts about electricity and awareness appreciation of safety issues related to the underground supply network. It discusses the relationships between transmission, distribution, rail systems and overhead supply systems, exclusion zones for given scenarios, safety hazards and control measures, electrical equipment identification and environmental issues. The course also covers SAHV procedures, terminology and definitions, requirements for isolation and earthing on a high voltage area, identifying and understanding procedures, documentation, and testing and role requirements.
Through this Energex approved course you will learn to
- Apply legislated obligations to working safely on or in proximity to underground cables and equipment.
- Explain fundamental electrical principles.
- Discuss the relationship between transmission, distribution and rail systems, overhead and underground supply systems.
- Recognise different types of electrical equipment.
- Identify and manage environmental issues.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.