Apply building codes and standards – low rise constructions
Working towards your builder or supervisor licence?
With this short course, Gold Coast Trades College will provide you with a better understanding of how low rise buildings are constructed.
Skills and knowledge learnt from this unit include:
- basic design principles and the behaviour of structures under stress, strain, compression, bending or combined actions
- definitions and common technical terms or usage specified under general provisions of building code of Australia (BCA)
- general nature of materials and the effects of performance
- relevant Australian standards
- relevant legislative and WHS requirements, codes and practices
- types of working drawings and specifications
Our campus: Y
Successful graduates can use this short course as part of their qualification requirements for a Builder – Low Rise Contractor or Supervisor license.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.