AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
Be a part of the fast-paced automotive industry!
Successfully complete this pre-apprenticeship course with Gold Coast Trades College and you will kickstart your career in the exciting automotive sector.
Available as a school based or full-time pre-apprenticeship pathway program.
Learn skills that will help you to be a valuable member of any automotive workshop, fast track your chances for a trade apprenticeship or help you maintain your own vehicle.
Subjects in this qualification include:
- solve routine automotive problems
- automotive electrical system fundamentals
- automotive mechanical system fundamentals
- use of tools and equipment
- removal and tagging of electrical system components
- testing, servicing and repair of battery and battery storage systems
- installation, testing and repair of vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- removal, inspection and fitting of wheel assemblies
- removal and replacement of radiators
- vehicle detailing and cleaning
If you’re a successful graduate, Gold Coast Trades College will assist you with work experience placement and support your transition into a school based or full-time apprenticeship of your choice.
Our campus: Y
School based: Y
Successful graduates can progress on to Certificate II or III Mechanical Technology qualifications such as Motorsport, Marine or Motorcycle.
The Certificate Ii In Automotive Vocational Preparation is your starting point to becoming a:
- Accessory Installer
- Auto Electrician
- Automotive Computer Technician
- Coach Builder
- Custom Vehicle / Kit Car Builder
- Dealership Manager
- Diesel Fitter
- Field Service Technician
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Panel Beater / Spray-painter
- Parts Interpreter
- Pre-delivery Inspector
- Production Manager
- Roadworthy / Modification Inspector
- Sales Manager
- Service Manager
- Service Technician
- Specialist Technician
- Tyre Fitter/Wheel Aligner
- Vehicle Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Vehicle Dismantler / Assembler
- Vehicle Inspector
- Vehicle Racing Team Member
- Vehicle Recycler
- Workshop Manager
Total number of units = 12
7 core units plus
5 elective units, of which:
up to 5 elective units may be chosen from the elective units listed below
up to 2 elective units may be chosen from a Certificate I or Certificate II qualification in this Training Package or another endorsed Training Package or accredited course, provided that the units chosen contribute to the vocational outcome of this qualification and do not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification.
AURAEA2002 Apply environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
AURAFA2003 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
AURAFA2004 Solve routine problems in an automotive workplace
AURASA2002 Apply safe working practices in an automotive workplace
AURETR1003 Apply automotive electrical system fundamentals
AURLTA1001 Apply automotive mechanical system fundamentals
AURTTK2002 Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
AURETR1001 Remove and tag automotive electrical system components
AURETR1002 Test, service and maintain battery storage systems
AURETR2009 Install, test and repair vehicle lighting and wiring systems
AURETR2015 Inspect and service batteries
AURLTJ2003 Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel assemblies
AURTTC004 Remove and replace radiators
AURVTA005 Clean vehicles
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.