Plan small business finances
Can you afford your small business goals?
Do you own a small to medium sized building and construction business? Are you responsible for the finances of a small construction company?
With this short course, Gold Coast Trades College will provide you with a trades focussed program that will help you to develop financial plans which can be used to determine if your business goals are achievable.
This short course will provide you with skills and knowledge such as:
- explain break-even analysis
- clarify costing for the business, including margin/mark-up, hourly charge-out rates and unit costs
- summarise financial decision-making relevant to the business
- outline methods and relative costs of obtaining finance
- summarise principles for preparing balance sheets
- principles for preparation of cash flow forecasts
- principles for preparation of profit and loss statements
- purpose of financial reports
- describe working capital cycles
Our campus: Y
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.