RII40715 Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision
Looking to gain management skills tailored to the construction industry?
Through this qualification you will learn how to work in supervisory positions in civil construction. You will gain the skills to become proficient in performing tasks involving a broad range of varied activities most of which are complex and non-routine. In a supervisory role you will be responsible for the quantity and quality of the output of others, contribute to the development of technical solutions to non-routine problems and apply management plans to the workplace.
Units in this course include:
- Show leadership in the workplace
- Implement operational plans
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- Supervise civil works
- Apply site risk management system
- Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction
- Apply the principles of earthworks construction
- Implement traffic management plan
- Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Develop teams and individuals
- Develop work priorities
Graduates can progress on to Certificate IV qualifications such as Project Management or Small Business Management.
Total number of units = 12
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
RIICWM401D Supervise civil works
RIIRIS401D Apply site risk management system
RIICSG401D Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction
RIIMPO402D Apply the principles of earthworks construction
RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
RIICPL401D Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation
BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.