CPC40208 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Contract Administration)
Do you want to get involved in the planning of construction and building?
With the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Contract Administration) you will gain skills and knowledge that will make you better qualified for contract, procurement, estimator and planning roles in small to medium-sized businesses.
This qualification will provide you with a range of higher level building and construction competencies that can be customised to meet your training needs.
Subjects in this qualification include:
- participate in OHS processes
- select and prepare a construction contract
- select, procure and store construction materials for low-rise projects
- read and interpret plans and specifications
- administer a construction contract
- arrange building applications and approvals
- apply construction information to the sales process
- process client requirements
- apply contract law to sales processes
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for experienced workers to gain a formal Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Contract Administration) qualification.
Our campus: Y
Graduates can progress on to Certificate IV qualifications such as Project Management or Small Business Management.
Total number of units = 15
The electives may be selected as follows:
- all six elective units may be selected from the list below
- two of the six elective units may be selected from a Certificate IV qualification in another endorsed Training Package or within CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package, ensuring the industry context of the qualification is maintained
- one of the six elective units may be selected from either Certificate III or Diploma level.
Some units in this qualification may have prerequisite requirements, which must be met when packaging the qualification. Users are referred to the list of CPC08 units with prerequisite unit requirements available in this Training Package for this purpose.
BSBOHS201A Participate in OHS processes
CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low-rise projects
CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications
CPCCBC4016A Administer a construction contract
CPCCBC4026A Arrange building applications and approvals
CPCCBC4029B Apply construction information to the sales process
CPCCBC4031A Process client requirements
CPCCBC4032A Apply contract law to sales processes
BSBWOR402A Promote team effectiveness
BSBITU201A Produce simple word processed documents
BSBITU202A Create and use spreadsheets
BSBITU301A Create and use databases
BSBMGT403A Implement continuous improvement
BSBPMG404A Apply quality management techniques
BSBPMG407A Apply risk management techniques
BSBPMG510A Manage projects
BSBWOR401A Establish effective workplace relationships
BSBWRT401A Write complex documents
CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
CPCCBC4014A Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
CPCCBC4017A Arrange resources and prepare for the building or construction project
CPCCBC4019A Apply sustainable building design principles to water management systems
CPCCBC4020A Build thermally efficient and sustainable structures
CPCCBC4021A Minimise waste on the building and construction site
CPCCBC4024A Resolve business disputes
CPCCBC4025A Manage personal work priorities and professional development
CPCSUS4001A Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Participants do however need intermediate language, literacy, numeracy and computer skills.